- One Kariega River (Accessible from Sibuya Game Reserve)
- 2 freshly caught Mud Crab. Boil in lightly salted water (15 mins). Remove meat from shell (Or pieces can be added still in shell)
- 24 Swimming Prawns (Optional delicious extra but seasonal in theKariega River)
- 2 onions diced fine
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 small tin tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 Tbls freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbls fresh diced coriander (Dhania)
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 2 Tbls red curry paste
- Lemon juice
- 1 can coconut milk
Heat pan with olive oil and fry onions, add ginger, chili and garlic. Add curry paste, tomatoes & tomato puree once onions start browning. Add coconut milk bring to the boil and then reduce heat. Add prawns and cook for 5min on medium heat. Add already cooked crab meat (or chunks in the shell) & lemon juice. Mix in coriander & serve with basmati rice.
This feast is best enjoyed with friends, a glass or two of wine on thebanks of the river as the sun sets.
If you are planning an African Safari, or want to stay at a Game Reserve in South Africa, or a Game Reserve near the Garden Route, or are looking for that perfect Game Reserve Wedding Venue, then why not visit Sibuya for that ultimate African Bush Experience! Sibuya is a Malaria Free Game Reserve…